30 Things You Should Know About Annalise Basso
1. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Take out my Invisalign.
2. When you’re at a restaurant, what drink do you typically order?
3. What’s the one word you are guilty of using too often?
4. What is the last thing you searched for on Google?
Paleo microwave cake — I’m not kidding.
5. Who is the last person that called or texted you?
6. What’s the wallpaper on your phone and/or computer?
Phone: A selfie of my dad and brother.
Computer: I can’t even see it because I have so many tabs open.
7. What was the last awkward situation you were in and how did you handle it?
I was texting a boy and said something that made absolutely no sense, so I did what any self-respecting person would do: I sent a Game of Thrones Bitmoji.
8. What is your TV show guilty pleasure?
Gossip Girl. It’s all so ridiculously unrelatable (the wealth, the drama). Plus, Blake Lively is one of the most beautiful people to ever walk the Earth and it hurts to look at her. It hurts so good.
9. What’s the first CD you bought?
Shania Twain — Up.
10. And what music are you currently listening to?
As I’m writing this, I’m listening to the Kinks. Generally speaking I like all music, but Pink Floyd and Muse are my favorite bands. I’ve been listening to a lot of ’70s and ’80s recently. I try to play “Maneater” by Daryl Hall and John Oates at least once when I drive somewhere. It gets me so “hype,” as the kids would say.
11. What is the one food you cannot resist?
Gummy Tummies from Trader Joe’s or any form of dark chocolate.
12. What movie makes you laugh the most?
What We Do in the Shadows or Austenland. I’m a huge Jane Austen fan.
13. What toppings do you like on your pizza?
Goat cheese, pears, arugula, and grilled onions.
14. What drives you absolutely crazy?
When people don’t use their blinkers. It’s just so easy.
15. What was your favorite childhood Halloween costume?
Odile from Black Swan.
16. What’s the last thing you copied & pasted on your phone?
I copied a picture of an emoji from the internet to send to a friend because I’m too lame to download them.
17. What’s your favorite slang word?
18. What’s your favorite emoji?
The flame. It’s the most relatable.
19. Pick one: Kittens or puppies?
That’s hard. Not because they’re cute, but because they pee. Everywhere. Puppy pee doesn’t smell as bad as kitten pee. So puppies.
20. New York or Los Angeles?
New York. It’s closer to Europe and there’s snow.
21. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram because a picture is worth a thousand words.
22. Bacon or Nutella?
Nutella — I have a sweet tooth.
23. Britney or Christina?
Christina. “Candyman” is the ultimate shower song.
24. Coffee or tea?
Depends on how tired I am. Usually tea, but recently I’ve been drinking black coffee. College applications, supplemental writing, four APs, working…how could I not?
25. NSYNC or BSB?
NSYNC — I’m a true space cowboy at heart.
26. 2 a.m. or 2 p.m.?
2 a.m. It’s technically morning but without the sun burning my skin. It’s the best of both worlds.
27. Beyoncé or Rihanna?
28. What’s your favorite Snapchat filter?
The one with the mustache and glasses.
29. Hannah Montana or Lizzie McGuire?
30. And finally: Tell us a secret.
I’m terrified of goats.
Catch Annalise in Ouija: Origin of Evil when it hits theaters Oct. 21!